Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Smoke detectors for the elderly

"zzznot" wrote in message
"Robert Green" wrote in message
http://www.firstalert.com/carbon_mon...tem.php?pid=24

Excellent!

Lowes' web site lists it, I'll see if the local store has it.

Can this be installed battery-only, or does it need 120v install?
I cannot tell from any online description I can find!

It's amusing, in a sad sort of way, that it's so hard to find some simple
information. I downloaded the PDF but couldn't find any specs for the sound
frequency.

It's a battery only device with a door that swings out so that battery
replacement doesn't required dismounting the unit from the ceiling.
Practice using the door before mounting it because it takes a unique sort of
pulling motion and I had to dismount it to make sure I wasn't going to break
it off. I thought it pulled out like a drawer but it swings out like an
orange wedge on a single pivot.

--
Bobby G.