Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What to use to paint metal black?

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 18:49:36 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Hustlin' Hank wrote:

So remove the thing that needs paint and decamp to your living room
where you can spray the item to your heart's content. No masking, no
neighbor, no hunting for paint - except in the Rustoleum aisle at
Home Depot.

Can't you see that he had his mind made up from the beginning? He
never planned on painting it in the first place. I don't know why he
asked the question in the first place. Must be a troll that does
shoddy work.

You may be right.

I thought he was playing the game of "Yes, but..." as in "Games People Play"
where the original questioner keeps raising objections to the proffered
suggestions until the "expert" give up in disgust. Each can then leave the
"game" with an (negative) emotional payoff.

By me coming up with a bizarre, put plausible, solution, the original poser
can get his negative prize ("He's ****in' with me! I don't get no respect!")
and I can get a positive one ("I ****ed with him.")

Other than the subject line, which can be read more than one way, I
never suggested my mind wasn't made up before I posted, unless people
told me that the marker would make it harder to paint later. That was
my question. At the start no one addressed that, and later 3 people
said it woudnb't make it more difficult. So from my pov, no one gave
me a reason not to use the marker pen. So I'm going with the marker
as I implied I would. Next spring maybe I'll paint it. I have a lot of
other things to take up my time now.