Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Recent Project...

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Here's a thread for those who just want to talk about their most recent
woodworking project. There's only two guidelines: It must be a
woodworking project and recent means the saw dust is still fresh.

My recent project is benchwork for my model railroad. The basic frame
went
together quickly, but the legs are taking some time. Nothing really
special about thier construction, it's just two 1x2s glued together for
stability and cut/sanded/trimmed smooth.

Puckdropper

Good timing. Finished the end tables this weekend. Picked up the Granite
tops on Friday and the handles from Horton Brass came in earlier in the
week. Will put pictures on my homepage in the coming weeks, I've got a
couple from inside the shop, but want to get some outside shots as well.

Interesting aside -- I had two of the MacKintosh handles I had gotten as
candidates for a previous project and ordered the same kind from Horton
Brass for the remaining 4 drawers on this project. The new ones came with
the same "1902 Hill House" impression on the back of the casting, but it is
obvious that they came from a different mold, they are a bit wider than the
old ones. This worked out OK, I used the thinner ones on the top two
drawers and the fatter ones on the bottom drawers. It makes sense given
how Horton casts that this would be the case, and I'm not disappointed, it
was just a piece of information for me to consider for future reference.

Rob Leatham