Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Recent Project...

Swingman wrote in
:

FWIW, just finished a couple of 'down n' dirty' tambour door
"appliance garages" last week that I had promised to a recent kitchen
client, and needed to assuage my guilty conscious before any more time
passed:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90929-1407.jpg
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90930-0724.jpg

Being in a hurry, I used Rockler's tambour door mechanism:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90929-1411.jpg

Worked much better than I anticipated, although that could be because
I didn't follow the extremely vague, misleading, poorly written
instructions ... Apparently there is only one manufacturer, and plenty
of "retailers", but all roads lead to Rockler.

Next time I'll go back to the 'old board and plunge router' method.

Why would any one want an "appliance garage" any how??

Appliance garages are often used by sadistic people to hide the cereal
from someone else in the morning. Sure, the counter tops are nice and
clear at 10pm, but at 10am it doesn't begin to matter until at least the
second spoonful of cereal! (Or coffee, if you like strong coffee. ;-))

Looks nice, Swingman.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking