Jay Pique

Default Cordless drills

On 17 Nov 2003 11:06:50 -0800, (Alan)
wrote:

I'm interested in buying a cordless drill/driver. My recent purchase
of a 12 volt Makita has left a very bad taste in my mouth, the drill
was very cheaply made (not the pro line) and it wouldn't keep a drill
bit or driver tight, no matter what I did. I've returned in under
their 30 day customer satisfaction policy and now I'm shopping again.

I think the Bosch 14.4 Brute-Tough will fit my needs. Any ideas??

Home Depot sells a Ridgid 14.4 1/2" - 415 inch/lbs. of torque with two
batteries and a dual charger for $199 and they warranty the thing for
life - and they say it covers "all defects in workmanship or materials
and normal wear and tear items. That means free battery packs for
life." I haven't used them, but man that sounds like a pretty sweet
deal to me!

JP