Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Winterizing time

"cshenk" wrote

It's that time again. I'm hoping I don't forget any parts this year. I

Good info from all and thanks!

I picked up that I had forgotten (again) the HVAC filter. Don just pulled
the old one from the heating part and replaced it.

The other one i forgot, was mentioned elsewhere and i;ll add it in for those
that have this need and may have forgotten. As it gets colder, the bugs and
spiders (and mice etc) start looking for a warm spot. This is the time when
here in my area, wolf spiders start jumping across the carpets if we don't
lay down good barriers. There is no way to keep them from the attached
garage which then allows a level of access into the house. At this
intermediate temp here, they also like to come in from the chimney.

This is the time to spray all entryways well and around doors and to keep
doing it until we hit nights in the low 30's. Check roof vent screens to
ensure no ingress to the attic (I have no soffit vents).