Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default My Recent Project...

Puckdropper wrote:
Here's a thread for those who just want to talk about their most recent
woodworking project. There's only two guidelines: It must be a
woodworking project and recent means the saw dust is still fresh.

My recent project is benchwork for my model railroad. The basic frame went
together quickly, but the legs are taking some time. Nothing really
special about thier construction, it's just two 1x2s glued together for
stability and cut/sanded/trimmed smooth.

FWIW, just finished a couple of 'down n' dirty' tambour door "appliance
garages" last week that I had promised to a recent kitchen client, and
needed to assuage my guilty conscious before any more time passed:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90929-1407.jpg
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90930-0724.jpg

Being in a hurry, I used Rockler's tambour door mechanism:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90929-1411.jpg

Worked much better than I anticipated, although that could be because I
didn't follow the extremely vague, misleading, poorly written
instructions ... Apparently there is only one manufacturer, and plenty
of "retailers", but all roads lead to Rockler.

Next time I'll go back to the 'old board and plunge router' method.

Why would any one want an "appliance garage" any how??

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08