Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default My Recent Project...

On Oct 4, 12:39 am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
Here's a thread for those who just want to talk about their most recent
woodworking project. There's only two guidelines: It must be a
woodworking project and recent means the saw dust is still fresh.

I just finished some display stands for a Navajo entrepreneur
merchandizing her "Medicine of the People" salves and balms.
http://medicineofthepeople.net/ I met the lady whose likeness is on
the tin. This little project got me to thinking about furthering the
mobility of my shop fixtures. That old immobile outfeed table sitting
next to my sheetgoods and cutoffs cart is taking up too much space,
and is too high when I'm putting longer boards through the planer. Had
some good casters laying around unused, and started with bolting them
to a 3/4 inch, 2x3 foot hunk of leftover particle board (there's
always more invested in hardware than material, at least in my case).
The material I have remaining is 2 sheets of 1/2 inch particle board,
which I'll double in thickness with glue and screws to make the 24x28
sides of the carcase. A single thickness of 1/2 inch will comprise the
back, and a remnant of melamine countertop will cap it off. I'll be
building two flush-fitting 6 inch deep drawers to ride on oak runners
(or maybe spend the money on a couple of good drawer guides) which
will give me a place to put all the crap that's been accumulating on
top of the old table, and under those drawers will be an open spot
about 15 inches high for the larger crap to languish. The original top
with its lazy susan will still be used in a modular fashion for small
finishing jobs. Pictures soon. Tom