Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default My Recent Project...

Puckdropper wrote:
Here's a thread for those who just want to talk about their most recent
woodworking project. There's only two guidelines: It must be a
woodworking project and recent means the saw dust is still fresh.

My recent project is benchwork for my model railroad. The basic frame went
together quickly, but the legs are taking some time. Nothing really
special about thier construction, it's just two 1x2s glued together for
stability and cut/sanded/trimmed smooth.

Puckdropper

I've been mired up in "restoration" projects, so there's been precious
little fresh sawdust. Brought three different antique chairs back from
the dead, all with complete disassembly, joint repairs, parts
replacements, new finishes, and even new upholstery (which I'm not very
good at). Gonna take a quick detour and build a knife block for our
newly acquired collection of Wustof kitchen knives (love 'em), then it's
off to build a loft bed for my daughter. Pointers to good plans for
either of those are welcome*. :-)

(* Yes, I've already spent countless hours slogging through Google
looking for ideas, but that's not my idea of fun.)

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/