Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default My Recent Project...

Doug Winterburn wrote in
:

Puckdropper wrote:
Here's a thread for those who just want to talk about their most
recent woodworking project. There's only two guidelines: It must be
a woodworking project and recent means the saw dust is still fresh.

My recent project is benchwork for my model railroad. The basic
frame went together quickly, but the legs are taking some time.
Nothing really special about thier construction, it's just two 1x2s
glued together for stability and cut/sanded/trimmed smooth.

Puckdropper

Mine is the Rockler queen size Murphy bed with a two foot wide
bookcase on each side. I've rough cut all the material and need to
edge band, apply finish, add hardware and assemble. Then there's the
matter of a mattress which doesn't appear to be an inexpensive
proposition.

- Doug

I'm doing a twin like that. I have ot yet cut all pieces as I am working
it up as I go along. I have the bed frame and have it mounted on the
face panels. I inadvertently cut extra openings for legs that won't be
there (damn panels switched long and short sides on me when I wasn't
looking), so that will call for properly placed "embellishments". For
the handles I chose, the leg pieces do NOT need 1/4" holes, but smaller
ones, and I need to cut the handle screws down so they properly can be
countersunk.

--
Best regards
Han