Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Winterizing time

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:26:02 -0500, wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

The car is three years old so I may do the antifreeze, but then again, I
may
not. I've often gone five+ years with the newer stuff, unlike the 50's
and
60's.
This is something I struggle with too...whether or not
it is even necessary to change antifreeze every year!

My GM manual says 5 yrs or 150k miles.

My son's Audi says *don't* change it.

Jim

My Hyundai manual says 60k miles, but I've done that in less than 3 years.
For most people it is 5 or so. My LeSabre has the original at 9 years and
125k. The car is deteriorating in other areas, but not the cooling system.
It is also the last Buick I'll ever own.

Hi,
Our Honda and Subaru, every 3 years. For Honda I use Honda anti-freeze.