Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 04:35:59 -0700, "Bill"
wrote:

[snip]

And I've had problems with phone answering machines which need to have the
time reset each time the power goes out. Or other models the batteries wear
out quickly during a power outage. So my phone answering machine needs
constant attention!

New ones usually support caller ID. With that, the time is set
automatically with each call.

[snip]

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster