Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Winterizing time

"cshenk" wrote in message
Hi All,

It's that time again. I'm hoping I don't forget any parts this year. I
took care of the car (flushed radiatior, refilled with new antifreeze). I
know we need to check all caulking around the house (next weekend). Also
drag out the space heaters for the garage and sunroom.

What else do the rest of you do?

The car is three years old so I may do the antifreeze, but then again, I may
not. I've often gone five+ years with the newer stuff, unlike the 50's and
60's.

The heat has already been on this year so I know it is working, put new
batteries in one of the thermostats.

Soon though, I'll be washing windows and putting the screens up and storm
window down, kitchen and bathroom are last for that.

The snowblower gets pulled to the front of the garage, the lawnmower to the
back.