Bay Area Dave

Default Scraper?? I don't need to BUY no stinkin' scraper

yeah, Chris, look out! the world is coming to an end!

dave

Chris wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote in message .com...

I got desperate for a scraper today, so grabbed one of my putty knives
(Now dammit; no laughing!!!!) and proceeded to flatten the edge on a
diamond sharpener. Ran a screwdriver shank over it about half a dozen
times, and damn if I couldn't feel a sharp edge! Ran over to the
glue-up drawer front (yesterday's screw-up, which I salvaged) and
scraped a bit of protruding edge to flush the two pieces up. Damn if
that wasn't almost mystical! You Neanders JUST might have something
there. The grain was just POPPING out at me!

I guess I could skip the $18 burnishing tool when I get a set or "real"
scrapers? BTW what's the difference between a scraper that is labeled a
scraper and a scraper that I "made"?

1. Better cachet
2. Edge will last longer
3. Both one and two
4. None of the above

dave

BAD going Neander? And MAKING a scraper instead of buying a L-N
Plane? That's a sure sign of the Apocolypse!

-Chris