Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default OT Flag Burning.. should be of interest

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 23:38:14 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:24:17 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Whether he chooses to claim
unlawful coercion is up to him, and whether he's right is up to a judge
and
jury, not to the barstool warmers at the local VFW.

Ed, do I detect some disdain for VFW members?

What you detect is respect for the Constitution and the law. As one of the
commentators said in the Albany Times-Union, which first reported the story,
is that the service men who fought to defend the Constitution, who are now
taking the law into their own hands, are a disgrace.

Knock knock.

Y'all are obviously having a swell time with this, pardon me for
interjecting please.

Ed, there may be an aspect of village and small-town folkways and
mores that you don't completely understand though you obvously know a
lot about letters of law.

I am also a strong supporter of law and due process, but I understand
that law and due process exist to deal with criminal behavior and
provide remedies for unresolved civil conflicts between strangers or
familiar adversaries. Neither appears to be the case here since any
matter of criminal behavior is either moot by stipulation or a rather
long reach.

Social peer pressure really does work in small towns and villages
populated with folks perhaps far less sophisticated than you.

You're arguing vehemently in support of your viewpoint. Nothing wrong
with that and I'm not sayin' you're wrong ... but if you quiet a bit
you may learn a bit.