Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default sink revival / restoration

GMC wrote:
I am the lucky owner of a Franke Stainless sink, the sink has been quite
badly scratched in places by the previous owner - it looks like
something like a blunt kitchen knife has been used to scrape it. I have
used a S/S cleaner (mild cutting paste by the look and feel of it) and
it has made a nice job of the good parts of the sink but the deeper
scratches just wont shift, it is bearable but i would prefer to remove
them if its possible. Is there a product that I can use that will buff
out the scratches without causing extra damage? I was thinking of a more
aggressive cutting paste? Does anyone have any ideas / links to wonder
products etc???

The sheds sell a product made by 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing
Co.) that is called Scotch Bright. Buy the one that is used for metal
and try that. Otherwise, it will be back to wet and dry car abrasives.

Dave