Posted to alt.home.repair

Default no-maintenance batteries

Wasn't that a movie "Free Water", no that was Willie. Carry
on.

I hope the OP's sealed garden tractor battery gives many
years of service. Bring the battery indoors for the winter.
Not on cement floor. Yeah, I know, that was the old rubber
cased batteries. Why take a chance.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:49:44 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Battery gel is a mixture of water and other stuff, like
alcohol gel is a mix of alcohol (and water and other
stuff).
As to AGM, I'd have to research it, but I'm guessing they
do
contain water.

Neither contain free water that can escape.

Batteries with free water that can escape are known as
FLOODED cell
batteries.