Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas leak emergency instructions

Our Father who art in Heaven
I might be there, too, in a second!

Thy kingdom come....
but not yet this one....

On Earth, instead of in Heaven.

Glad you didn't have an explosion. That woulda been nasty.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Thomas" wrote in message
On the serious side...

2 years ago I came home from work to find my stepdaughter on
the front
porch in a panic. She tried to cook something on the gas
stove. It
boiled over and put out the flame. The house was about 10
minutes into
the gas. To turn off the stove from the high setting it must
pass
through the electronic ignition. I ran and opened the
kitchen door and
windows and fanned the gas away the best I could, siad a
quick hail
Mary and turned it off. I was lucky that day.

I have never seen such an idiotic ignition setup in my life.
If I had
been a few minutes late it would have been a disaster.

Thomas.