Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default sink revival / restoration

"GMC" wrote in message ...
I am the lucky owner of a Franke Stainless sink, the sink has been quite
badly scratched in places by the previous owner - it looks like something
like a blunt kitchen knife has been used to scrape it. I have used a S/S
cleaner (mild cutting paste by the look and feel of it) and it has made a
nice job of the good parts of the sink but the deeper scratches just wont
shift, it is bearable but i would prefer to remove them if its possible. Is
there a product that I can use that will buff out the scratches without
causing extra damage? I was thinking of a more aggressive cutting paste?
Does anyone have any ideas / links to wonder products etc???

TIA

Possibly treat it like car paintwork - progressively finer wet and dry then
cutting compound then polish.

No guarantee that this will be quick, easy, or result in a mirror finish.

What is that caveat? "Try on an inconspicuous are first"?

If the scratches are deep then you might have to remove a lot of metal to
get the surface down to that level, so accepting it might be an option.

HTH

Dave R