Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb Dr. Deb is offline

Default Jet 1442 belt

Bob Daun wrote:

I know that there are several 1442 users here and I am looking for some
advice. Mine seems to be slipping quite a bit even at low speed. I think
the belt may be worn/stretched. I have a new belt but I also know that it
is not the easiest job to change belts so I am looking for advice on using
link belt instead of the v-belt. It appears that the v-belt is actually
about 3/8 inch in width and I know that it is possible to get 3/8" link
belt
material. Could anyone advise me of a good supplier for the link belt and
any tips about mounting it. In other words where should the speed setting
be set when the new belt is installed? Any other information will be
helpful.

Bob Daun

signature database 4474 (20091001) __________

http://www.eset.com

Actually, it may well be the set screws on the Reeves Drive pulley on the
shaft in the head stock. Mine just started slipping a couple of days ago,
since this had happened before, I pulled the cover, tightened the screws
and was off and running at full speed again.

Deb