Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Gas leak emergency instructions

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 10:18 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
"Call the gas supplier from a neighbor's phone". Isn't that
totally dated? Now days we go outside, get upwind of the
building, and call from a cell phone. I mean, like, retro,
dude!

Not everyone has a cell phone, you know. Plus, when I'm at
home I shut my cell phone off and leave it on the dining table.
If I detect a gas leak while I'm in the basement, for example,
I'm not going to root around the house to get my cell phone.

Cindy Hamilton

When your house blows up, you might want that cell phone so you can call
your insurance agent, whose number probably isn't in the cell phone anyway,
but I'm just sayin'.