Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
DT DT is offline

Default How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with commontools?

In article ,
says...
Hi,

I have 3"x3" lumber and I would like to do one of two things:

1. Make a 3" quarter round, or
2. Make a "diagonal" cut so that the lumber has a triangular 3"x3"x profile.

I have a table saw and a band saw.

Are you making some large 'trim' and don't need a specific profile? Because
you can make 3" cove molding OK, but not quarter round. Look up the methods
for making a cove cut with a table saw, basically you run the stock over the
blade at an angle. You could cove each side of the 3x3 stock then quarter it
on the bandsaw. I've done it on my radial arm saw and it works quite nicely.

--
Dennis