Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default What type of valve to balance 1-pipe CH circuit?

TheScullster wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote

Also they present less of an inherent flow restriction.

although in this case, it's there for flow restriction!

--

True, but the reduced bore ball valves for instance present an
"inherent" flow restriction before you start throttling. So the

Phil

I would be inclined to replace a short section of the 22mm pipe with 15mm
(with suitable reducing fittings) and with a 15mm gate valve in the 15mm
section. The smaller pipe *may* provide enough restriction on its own, but
the gate valve would provide additional fine tuning.
--
Cheers,
Roger