Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Sound proofing a room

On Sep 30, 10:30*am, hibb wrote:
In addition to the bedroom I will be remodeling that I mentioned in
another thread, I am also going to remodel another room to use as a
small recording studio.

What's the best process and materials to sound proof the room? Any
good web sites out there that explains how to do it?

I will also post on a couple of the recording newsgroups too.

There are many good web sites, and you can search the newsgroup's
archives for many threads on the topic.

In a nutshell, sound travels by different mechanisms and the best
method(s) for your particular situation will depend on the noise
source, the current construction and location, and where you are
trying to reduce the sound level.