Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Hall Bill Hall is offline

Default Garage door opener oddity

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
uncle K wrote:
Crafstman garage door opener with wall switch and two remotes. I called
Sears and talked to a tech who had never heard of this particular
problem... maybe someone here has experienced this.

The unit operates fine from the wall switch, but suddenly, the remotes
don't work. Nothing has been altered and remote batteries were checked.
The little light in the wall switch up/down touch pad is blinking,
whether the door is up or down, which isn't right, but why?

TIA

My doors have a momentary contact push button. A wall switch would make
contact all the time probably shorting the circuit and preventing the
remotes from working.

Surprising that no one has mentioned the hopefully obvious cause ! The door
electronic -eye sensors will cause this problem if they have been "knocked"
ever so slightly out of line. The beam not lining up will not allow the
remote openers to work and show a malfunction to the control board! The
wall button is hard wired to the opener and may by- pass the sensor system
.. My best guess would be to check the sensor alignment.

HTH

Bill in Plano