Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 23:02:18 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"krw" wrote in message

This could provide battery power to smoke detectors, carbon monoxide
detectors, HVAC thermostat, security system, clocks, digital thermometers,
computer UPS, phone answering machine, etc.

Then only ONE battery to worry about...

A 9 volt battery eliminator picture...
http://www.wirelessmicrocolorcam.com... 7a77410624ea

Hmm, I generally use batteries for *PORTABLE* devices. The stuff that
sits in one place is all AC operated. I think your idea needs work.

His idea may need work, but I still have plenty non portable things with
battery power or battery backup.

Most have none ;maybe an old clock radio.

Both thermostats have AA cells.

Nope. None here. Both powered off the heat pumps. It doesn't take
much of a battery to keep a clock going. A button cell should last
the life of the clock.

My light timer and clock radio use batteries for backup. Telephone memory has 4
cells, a caller ID unit has a 9V. Some of those items have plug in
adapters, some don't.

See above. You bought junk.

I have one smoke/co detector that is battery
operated, the others are had wired.

Wired is a requirement now.