Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Daniels Steve Daniels is offline

Default Garage door opener oddity

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:36:57 -0700, against all advice, something
compelled Oren , to say:

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:22:59 -0400, wrote:

You might try a re-boot. Disconnect all power to the unit for
a couple of hours and see if it might come back up.

You got me curious, now. Any link for a "re-boot" of a garage door
opener?

Around here we plug them in and they magically work. No waiting "a
couple of hours".

I have a Genie that refuses to work every once in a while. I
think it has a security feature that is either a little too
aggressive, or poorly understood by me. I just shut off the
breaker for thirty seconds and then turn it back on. It works as
expected after that.

--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.