Leon

Default Scraper?? I don't need to BUY no stinkin' scraper

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
y.com...
In article . net,

"*Casey*" wrote:
Hi,
You probably mean pushrods; hydraulic lifters are too short & thick to

make
a decent burnisher, and I think they have only two polished areas, rest

is
rough cast. Also would be hard to get all the oil out of them :-)
Casey

Who said anything about hydraulic lifters? "Pushrod" is the slang term,

"valve
lifter" the correct one.

Having been in and retired from the automotive industry for 20+ years, and
concerning most any Chevy V8, I can honestly say that I have never heard of
a "Push Rod" being the slang term for "lifter" or "valve lifter". Valve
lifters, be they hydraulic, solid or roller, are used along with "Push
Rods". Push rods and lifters are 2 different parts. Anyway, you will
normally find most Chevy engines small or big block, equipped with hydraulic
lifters and hollow push rods.

So, which is it, the 3" x 3/4" lifter, or the 10" x 1/4" push rod? ;~)
Seems the longer push rod would be much easier to use given its much longer
length. The Lifter on the other hand would seem to be more difficult to use
because it is shorter and many have indention's on the sides that would
interrupt the smooth surface.