Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Tree Advice

cshenk wrote:
Hey, with all our collective knowledge, perhaps one of us knows a bit on
trees?

I'd like something that grows about 20-30 ft, and is hardy and stable in
wind storms. I take that to mean slow growing and deep rooted. Apple
maybe? Area is Norfolk, Virginia for growing specs.

Down there you have a lot of choices. If you're looking for an
ornamental, besides the old standards of dogwood or redbud already
mentioned, there many choices in flowering plums/cherries/et al.

I'd suggest contacting a good nursery (not just what the Borg has on the
lot from the mass growers) and get some recommendations and see what
they have that you're not familiar with.

A semi-dwarf fruit tree could be a choice; to produce fruit you'll need
to choose something that is self-pollinating, of course, if you stick w/
only one specimen.