Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Tree Advice

Hey, with all our collective knowledge, perhaps one of us knows a bit on
trees?

I'd like something that grows about 20-30 ft, and is hardy and stable in
wind storms. I take that to mean slow growing and deep rooted. Apple
maybe? Area is Norfolk, Virginia for growing specs.

BTW, woke up this morning to find my flowering pear (about 35-40ft) laying
across the front of the house. Appears to have only damaged a gutter. Tree
service enroute. Big windstorm sheered it in half. They'll have to take
the rest out I am sure due to the way the trunk is split to the core about 1
foot up from the ground. Pretty thing but wasn't a wise choice for this
area.