Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Now, honestly ..........

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/28/2009 2:04 PM SteveB spake thus:

How many of you use a five gallon plastic bucket for a ladder?

Me.

I know it's not such a good idea, and I cringe when I see someone else
do it, from being a safety professional and suffering from the
hypervigilance of PTSD. And yet, I just did it, and with little
reservation. I have seen people "walk" these remarkable distances, and
use them quite adroitly. I also have heard tales of woe and steel
pins and screws. And yet, if I need to do something straight up, and
all I need is a foot or two, I grab a bucket, because I can never
find the damn ladder.

Plastic buckets sometimes break when you step on them. I know this.

I've had it happen to me.

But I *still* sometimes grab one when I need to get up about a foot or
so ...

Depends. If a person is over seight of course.