Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Now, honestly ..........

DGDevin wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

I'll second the steel pins and screws stories. 2 coworkers of mine, in
seperate incidents, trashed themselves pretty badly with stupid falls
doing household repairs with improper ladder rigging. One is back up
and running, although he limps a little, can forecast the weather,
and has to carry a letter for airport security. The other guy, well,
he is sorta back to work, uses a cane now, but he ain't ever gonna be
right.
I was already getting a little more paranoid with advancing age, but
now I double-check everything before I leave ground level.

I've become quite rigid on the subject of safety glasses, dust masks,
hearing protectors and so on. Young people heal so quickly, they have no
idea....

Absolutely! Young people don't heal from hearing loss caused by loud
noise (lots of bands, including USMC) require hearing protection.

I know a fellow whose eyes were saved by eyeglasses after he started a
lathe and forgot to remove his Allen wrench. The wrench hung up for a
sec, then was flung at his face. Broke his glasses, got glass in his
eyes, but NO DAMAGE. As is true in a lot of auto acc., the boozers are
often not the worst hurt. I think the guy drank his lunch most days
(this happened at work).