Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Now, honestly ..........

In article , "DGDevin" wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

I'll second the steel pins and screws stories. 2 coworkers of mine, in
seperate incidents, trashed themselves pretty badly with stupid falls
doing household repairs with improper ladder rigging. One is back up
and running, although he limps a little, can forecast the weather,
and has to carry a letter for airport security. The other guy, well,
he is sorta back to work, uses a cane now, but he ain't ever gonna be
right.
I was already getting a little more paranoid with advancing age, but
now I double-check everything before I leave ground level.

I've become quite rigid on the subject of safety glasses, dust masks,
hearing protectors and so on. Young people heal so quickly, they have no
idea....

Not safety glasses (or goggles) -- face shield. There are other things on your
face, besides your eyes, that are worth protecting.