Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DANGER! Gun question .....

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:04:27 -0400, Wes wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

I've heard some people like you say they like theirs and plenty like myself
who could never do very well with theirs. Most of the time I only hear
people tell how good "theirs" is when somebody tells about what a horrible
experience they had with their own. They can't all suck or they wouldn't
keep selling them. I traded mine for a computer hard drive about 16-17
years ago.

Lever action rifles sell well too. Not a type of rifle that is intrinsically capable of
shooting ragged one hole groups at 100 yards. It all boils down to the ability and needs
of the shooter.

Minute of whitetail is all some hunters care about.

Wes

Lever guns may...or may not sell well in the West. Shrug. Longer range
bolt guns are far far more popular.

Want a Poor Mans varmint lever gun? Marlin 3030 with a 125gr bullet.
Virtually everyone Ive ever fired would shoot well under .6" for 5
rounds, with a bit of tinkering with the loadings.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost