Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Electric slug fence

Dave Starling wrote:
On Sep 28, 12:08 am, wrote:
I'm plauged with cats, crapping on the lawn. Any designs for electric cat
fences? Prolly need 25v or more to give enough across the cojones to warn
them off.

The orange DIY shed(warehouse variety) sells a device that is PIR
mounted below a sprinkler. Leave connected to the hose and when an
animal walks in front of the sensor it gives a 5 second burst of water
as well as making a clicking sound. There is an adjustment for the
range of the PIR. Costs around £25. It does work well and if you keep
moving the device around the garden they will avoid the entire place.

You can also buy a device called ssscat which works well(search on
youtube to see examples). Shame the refills are only good for 150
sprays unless someone can recommend a safe way of repressurising an
air duster can.

Dave

Just occurred to me that I never see slugs on the fence, and potted
plants stood on a length of wooden gravel board don't seem to be
attacked. It's either the preservative or the surface texture they don't
like. Maybe a case for decking after all.