Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Shop Guest

Swingman wrote:
Dropped by right after breakfast, walked right up and introduced himself
as I was ripping stock for an appliance garage. Hung around for lunch,
begged part of my ham sandwich, then left with out so much as "by your
leave". Didn't lift a hand, but watched everything closely and appeared
to be taking notes.

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90927-1045.jpg
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG...90927-1046.jpg

:-)

They're very curious, when they're young like that.
We get them every spring, and they sure are cute.

Even when they get older, they're not aggressive, like people think.
That defensive pose they strike, when cornered, looks pretty viscous
with those crazy teeth and all and the hissing.

They also are not disease-ridden and dangerous to your pets, like many
think. Their body temperatures are actually too low to host most mammal
viruses like rabies.

Because they're almost blind when not in the dark, it's pretty easy to
catch them by just putting a box or crate right next to them. They'll
climb right inside, trying to escape the light.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--