Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Postmortem on recalcitrant toilet

John wrote:
Some weeks ago I posted my plight regarding a toilet that suddenly
stopped flushing any type of solids, including small amounts of simple
toilet tissue.

I've received many suggestions and ultimately I decided it would be
easier to just replace the toilet which is what I did.

The new toilet flushes just fine.

Several people asked me to follow-up with a postmortem of the toilet
before I threw it out. I kept the toilet as a planter for a few weeks
in the front yard then I tired of it and took a hammer to it today.

Results: Nada. No objects anywhere. Clean as a whistle. Also, I
didn't find any objects in the drain.

I guess that I'll never know why a toilet after 10 or so years decided
to get up and die. Toilet suicide is so sad.

The water shut-off valve to the toilet jammed? You shut it off tight to
replace the toilet, turned it on and it unjammed?