Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default convert old compressor tank to portable air storage tank?

Nate Nagel wrote:
subject says all, I was given an old air compressor minus the
compressor and motor - would like to use it as a portable compressed
air tank. McMaster-Carr sells schraeder valve to NPT fittings for
cheap, but don't I need some kind of pop off valve to make this
legit? Also will a standard radiator petcock suffice as a drain
valve or do I need something more substantial? I guess my lack of
finding the pop off valve on a quick web search (maybe I'm not using
the right keywords?) is keeping me from hacking this together.

I don't think you need a drain - just turn the tank upside down and open the
valve.