Posted to alt.home.repair

Default convert old compressor tank to portable air storage tank?

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 17:40:00 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

subject says all, I was given an old air compressor minus the compressor
and motor - would like to use it as a portable compressed air tank.
McMaster-Carr sells schraeder valve to NPT fittings for cheap, but don't
I need some kind of pop off valve to make this legit? Also will a
standard radiator petcock suffice as a drain valve or do I need
something more substantial? I guess my lack of finding the pop off
valve on a quick web search (maybe I'm not using the right keywords?) is
keeping me from hacking this together.

thanks

nate

Tanks rust with time and should be replaced after several years. A
portable tank does not cost that much, maybe $25.