Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default convert old compressor tank to portable air storage tank?

Just add a gauge on it and don't fill at more than 125 PSI. That is what I
have done. WW

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
subject says all, I was given an old air compressor minus the compressor
and motor - would like to use it as a portable compressed air tank.
McMaster-Carr sells schraeder valve to NPT fittings for cheap, but don't I
need some kind of pop off valve to make this legit? Also will a standard
radiator petcock suffice as a drain valve or do I need something more
substantial? I guess my lack of finding the pop off valve on a quick web
search (maybe I'm not using the right keywords?) is keeping me from
hacking this together.

thanks

nate

--