Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT - Bank of America

HeyBub wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Don't know about relative store counts, but there aren't any within an
hour of here, and some states seem to be skipped entirely. They seem
to be cherry-picking their store placements. Nothing wrong with that,
of course- you go where the money is. But that means a large
percentage of the population will never hear of you, much less walk
through your door.

There are no Walmarts in:
* New York City
* Boston
* San Francisco
* Detroit
* Chicago
* Washington, D.C.
* There's one Walmart in Los Angeles and two in Philadelphia

Meanwhile,
* There are 17 Walmarts in Houston

There may be more to store locations than cherry-picking by the management.
Can anyone guess another reason?

Pay attention- we were talking about Costco, not Wally World. Wally
World sites stores based on where they think a customer base with cash
is, where they can cheaply get enough land for one of their asphalt
lakes, and where the local government and unions won't mordida them to
death with BS extra expenses. (Yes, I know the stores aren't unionized,
but you can't build, maintain, and stock a store in an older urban area
without dealing with unions. Not all the stock comes on a Walmart
truck.) Built-up older cities often fail on one or more of those points.
I'm no fan of Walmart, but there is no need to paint them as EVIL, when
they are simply following basic money-grubbing 101 rules.

--
aem sends...