Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] ericp@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default Cooker door removal

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 00:01:47 +0100, "newshound"
wrote:

I have a reasonably recent Kenwood floor standing cooker with a double oven
and drop-down glass fronted doors (one broken). I can't for the life of me
figure out how to remove the door. Most of the (cheaper) range cookers seem
to use exactly the same hinge. Is there a clever tool that releases the
sprung hinges, or some other technique that I am missing?

(Yes, I know I could use an angle grinder, but I'd like to repair or replace
it).

TIA!

Look on each side of the oven door where the hinge lives. Is there a
little hole on each side? (By the sealing rubber)

If there is, stick a nail or anything that fits in each hole.

Then lift and pull the door foward.