Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Cooker door removal

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 00:01:47 +0100, "newshound"
had this to say:

I have a reasonably recent Kenwood floor standing cooker with a double oven
and drop-down glass fronted doors (one broken). I can't for the life of me
figure out how to remove the door. Most of the (cheaper) range cookers seem
to use exactly the same hinge. Is there a clever tool that releases the
sprung hinges, or some other technique that I am missing?

(Yes, I know I could use an angle grinder, but I'd like to repair or replace
it).

TIA!

What you need to do is to squirt it with WD-40, which (according to
their advertising blurb) will solve _all_ of your problems.
It'll probably even mend the broken glass in the door...

;-)

--
Frank Erskine