Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Cooker door removal

"James Salisbury" nntp.dsl.pipex.com wrote in message
newshound wrote:
I have a reasonably recent Kenwood floor standing cooker with a double
oven and drop-down glass fronted doors (one broken). I can't for the life
of me figure out how to remove the door. Most of the (cheaper) range
cookers seem to use exactly the same hinge. Is there a clever tool that
releases the sprung hinges, or some other technique that I am missing?

(Yes, I know I could use an angle grinder, but I'd like to repair or
replace it).

TIA!

Hi,
Look closely at the hinge, you will see an extra piece you can move so the
door binds on the hinge and then you can then remove the door.

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSzc4...layer_embedded