Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:42:27 +0100, Rod wrote:

Ophelia wrote:

I wasn't aware of that I read today that the NHS is to allow
pharmacists to change prescriptions, issued by doctors, to give cheaper
generic meds.

And I wasn't aware of that!

Already there is a major issue with thyroxine-takers getting different
effects from different 'brands'[1] each time they get their
prescriptions fulfilled. Despite being only prescribed as generic[2],
many people manage to persuade their pharmacies to stick to one brand -
but that is at the pharmacies' discretion. And even within a brand they
vary in formulation[3].

Some spokesman claimed that it is, or will be, possible for the GP to
tick a box to constrain the pharmacist to a parycular brand.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org