Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

Rod wrote:
Ophelia wrote:
Ian F. wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message

Not everyone has been so lucky, Ian!
Fair enough, but my cardiologist told me that he reckons 100% of
cardiologists are on them!

Yes so I believe, but I have also heard many horror stories about
them too.

They are especially to be avoided in people suffering from
hypothyroidism. Though as they often do not know they have such a
condition they get them anyway. Then the problems start... such as
severe muscle issues.

(Mind that is also partly due to the choice of which statin to
prescribe - starting with the cheapest which almost certain to be the
worst choice for thyroidally challenged patients.)

And low thyroid levels are frequently a cause of high cholesterol...

I wasn't aware of that I read today that the NHS is to allow pharmacists
to change prescriptions, issued by doctors, to give cheaper generic meds.