Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default I don't know what to call these

Jon Fairbairn wrote:
Dave writes:

Reading the thread about compound sliding mitre saws, Roger
mills wrote that he mounted his to a piece of kitchen work
top. I don't want mine to be mounted with nuts and bolts,
but there are over centre levers/fasteners that would allow
quick fastening and release. Anyone know where I can find
some with about a 10 mm screw thread? Or do I have to make
my own?

If you can't find that, rather than nuts and bolts, I've used prong-tees
and wing-bolts (wing-screws/thumb-screws) to fasten things to my
workmate. The prong tees stay attached, and the wing bolts don't take
long to twiddle in and tighten.

I got some of them from here
http://www.wdsltd.co.uk/Plastic%20handwheels,%20knobs%20&%20grips/T-Grips%20-%20Screws%20-%20Wing%20Screws%20-%20Grips/,
I think.