Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

"michael adams" wrote in message

"John Rumm" wrote in message
michael adams wrote:

Nothing googleland about gravity hot water circulation; the are plenty
of 20 odd year old boilers in daily use that have convected hot water
circulation.

See C Plan he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ty_DHW:_C-Plan

And what's that thing between the boiler and the radiator on the right?
Can you see ? The circle thingy with the little triangle inside of it
? One word
four letters. Anyway, here's a clue

Now focus your attention on the unpumped side... ok, good. There we go,
quite a common setup.

On 25 Sep, 10:43, "michael adams" wrote:
The water in all central heating systems is circulated by a pump.

The gravity fed hot water system is on the left and the central heating
system -
with the pump - is on the right.

Indeed - 10/10 for observation.

The gravity circulated part of the system works without the need of the
pump.

Indeed. But that's not what I was talking about was it ?

Only a deranged person would ever imagine that you'd need a pump to get
water
from a tank in the loft to a boiler or immersion heater situated on one of
the floors below.

I was talking solely about central heating which requires water to
circulate
through any number of pipes and radiators.

Note many real world systems will also typically have some extra heating
load on the gravity side - a bathroom rad being quite common.

Indeed. There's nothing quite like a nice warm bathroom in the middle
of summer is there ?

Possibly the person who dreamed up that idea is related in some way
to the person who thought you might need a pump to get water from
the loft to one of the floors below. What do you think ?

michael adams

My radiators have valves that allow them to be turned off.

Adam