Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Sony ICF-SW7600 no AM and FM reception

If I remember correctly, the front end FET (Field Effect Transistor)
in the tuner section sometimes fails in this model series. This is not
something you can fix yourself unless you are experienced with this
type of service work, and can work in RF circuits. I cannot remember
if in this model this transistor is an SMD type.

This FET failure is more common than other types that inhibit this
radio from working properly. There are also other types of components
that can cause failures. I would not be able to suggest anything else
without troubleshooting the set using the proper diagnostics
processes.

Jerry G.

On Sep 25, 3:04*am, Frank-Stefan Müller wrote:
Hi there,
my good old Sony ICF-SW7600 fails to receive any transmissions, AM as
well as FM, only VERY faint reception.
Tried wallplug, batteries.

Any ideas?

Frank