Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony ICF-SW7600 no AM and FM reception

Hi there,
my good old Sony ICF-SW7600 fails to receive any transmissions, AM as
well as FM, only VERY faint reception.
Tried wallplug, batteries.

Any ideas?

Frank
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Frank-Stefan Müller" wrote in message
Hi there,
my good old Sony ICF-SW7600 fails to receive any transmissions, AM as well
as FM, only VERY faint reception.
Tried wallplug, batteries.

Any ideas?

Frank

Very faint *reception* as in it doesn't receive hardly any stations, or very
faint reception as in very low audio ? Or both even ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If I remember correctly, the front end FET (Field Effect Transistor)
in the tuner section sometimes fails in this model series. This is not
something you can fix yourself unless you are experienced with this
type of service work, and can work in RF circuits. I cannot remember
if in this model this transistor is an SMD type.

This FET failure is more common than other types that inhibit this
radio from working properly. There are also other types of components
that can cause failures. I would not be able to suggest anything else
without troubleshooting the set using the proper diagnostics
processes.

Jerry G.

____________________________

On Sep 25, 3:04*am, Frank-Stefan Müller wrote:
Hi there,
my good old Sony ICF-SW7600 fails to receive any transmissions, AM as
well as FM, only VERY faint reception.
Tried wallplug, batteries.

Any ideas?

Frank

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily schrieb:
"Frank-Stefan Müller" wrote in message
Hi there,
my good old Sony ICF-SW7600 fails to receive any transmissions, AM as well
as FM, only VERY faint reception.
Tried wallplug, batteries.

Any ideas?

Frank

Very faint *reception* as in it doesn't receive hardly any stations, or very
faint reception as in very low audio ? Or both even ?

Arfa

Hi, first case: I can hear only one station very weak, a 151kHz 300kW
transmitter located abuot 70km from me, I used to hear it LOUD and clear.

Frank-Stefan